Hey guys and gals!
This post is a gentle reminder that we are a non profit organization supported by people like you.
We care for lots of people, and we cook over 52 meals a day. We love people getting to know us on Facebook, and we appreciate all of the comments and questions.
If you would really like to help, donate some cash to go along with those FB likes. We could always use money.
Last month, we spent 71% of donations on groceries alone.
Here's the breakdown:
Fyi. Our family is the size of FOUR families. Here's July's income and expenditures.
- $2250 came in through checks and PayPal. (YAY!! Thank you!)
- We use $1600 a month on food and hygiene for 18 people (We feed 2 extras each day, plus the kids who go to school)
- $360 went to the landlord of old house for 'repairs.' (We had to add that above and beyond our deposit)
- $100 on transport to and from town
- $30 spent on petrol for our water pump
- $60 Internet credit (We actually need at least $90 for this since we use it for school and to communicate to you)
- $155 Leah Nyambura (She is a single mom who works for us)
- $120 Michael (helps us around the farm)
- $36 hospital for Mary. Thankfully, our friend Matthew Barrow paid for this! We were out of money at this point.
- Total expense $2,425 not inluding hospital (which is more than actually came in). We still need some more food.. plus we are out of gas for our cooker $36.
As you can see, we really need more monthly supporters. So if you would like to join us in caring for orphans, just donate on the button in the side bar!