When coming up with our blog schedule, we thought we should have Tuesdays be 'Terrible Tuesdays' where we talk about REAL stuff. Ya know, the day where we can rant, or vent, or whine.
A place where our true colors can shine?
But Tuesday has come and gone. It was terrible in fact.
But it had to deal with money which is Wednesday Blog's act.
So now Thursday is here, and the list isn't near
So what this day's schedule is supposed to be I have no certainty.
So here I'm typing a silly poem to keep from writing about the grim
So I'll share the events of this week both the good and the bad therein:
- We've spent lots of time at The Shire. It's such a wonderful feeling out there. All of the negatives disappear, and we feel fantastic and peaceful out there.
- The building of The Hut with our own hands has given the girls a since of involvement and happiness I never would have imagined would come from this project
- Financially, we have really struggled this week*
- We were pretty down about it all since we are responsible for so many
- The girls are having to walk to and from school (it's the rainy season) due to lack of funds for gas for the van.
- a local friend gave us $22 for off-cuts for the roof of The Hut which lightened our mood
- another supporter donated $200 for car repairs.
- The utility bills were going to be turned off to our home, but we got $300 JUST in time from someone who is not a monthly supporter. (She doesn't know this!). It was exactly what we paid for the water and electricity today!
- Rent for July is way past due (obviously, since it's the 25), and August is due in 5 days.
- Our biggest need is food money. We've exhausted our food stores.
- Kate (I) got a care package FULL of Pampered Chef products donated from some friends in the USA.
- Our Sarah Muthoni turns 17 tomorrow! (I happened to find 200 KES ($2.40) in my pocket so we could buy some sugar to bake a surprise cake tomorrow while she's in school. SHH!!!
- Matthew Barrow helped on our hut today, which was so refreshing and fun!
- We get to meet some new friends out on The Shire this weekend and have a campout!
So that's this week's adventure. Some glim, some very exciting moments.
Just a realistic post from this side of the planet. ;)
*These financially issues are due in part to having an emergency expense this month, and because it's July. Summertime, people are too busy to think of us. I think? But whatever the reason, so many people DO give, and we are grateful. VERY grateful. We use every dollar that comes in. It puts food on the table for all of us, and brings security to our orphans-no-more, and since Johnny and I don't have a salary nor a separate life from our project, overhead is reduced (no housing allowance, no mail-out expenses, no fundraising expenses, no savings accounts where we store your donations for personal use, no 'fun money,' nor anything for 'us'). So when we struggle, WE all struggle together as a family. And we're cool with it.