We have four orphans-no-more who are supposed to start high school THIS Monday. The have been accepted at Shunem Girls High. We need to buy a long list of items for EACH of them as well as pay their school fees before they can go. Financial help is needed. If you would like to help send these girls to school, please let us know. This is a huge step in giving these girls a bright future. In short we need $3,000.
Each of our four girls needs:
- $225 USD for school entry fees (X4 girls= $890) (this is for the first 3 months)
- two skirts, two blouses, two sweaters with logos, one tie, two light blue bed sheets, one light blue bedcover, white socks, white wrap skirt and bloomer, red Tshirt Total $90 each student (X4)
- toiletries (lotion, tooth brush and paste, toilet paper, etc...) $10
- one basin for handwashing clothes $5
- one metal trunk ($17)
- black leather shoes $40
- white rubber shoes $15
- bathroom slippers $3
- ruler $1
- geometrical set $3
- dictionary $18
- kamusi (book)
- Golden Bells (book)
- World Atlas
- 4 figure math table
- two spring files
- one ream of A4 photocopy paper $7
- two library books
- pen, pencils, erasers, etc... $10
So we easily need more than $450 dollars PER child asap. Having 4 girls means we need $1,800 by yesterday...
Did I mention we had to borrow 50,600 ($600 usd) from the Shire to make ends meet which means we owe back that, too, plus rent of 40,000 ($465 usd) is due tomorrow... Grateful to the Nore family who helped us pay our staff, though! And part of the Shire money went to the electricity bill and water bills, so they are up to date.
To donate, moneygram is the fastest way, but paypal and checks work, too. Just check out our donate page.