Happy New Year! My prayer this year for myself, and all of you, is that I inch closer and closer to the person that God has created me to be. I say inch, because I move slowly, and get scared when things to to fast.
So what are my New Year resolutions? Hmmmm, let me think…… Resolutions are about changing what we don’t like, right? Well I like my life for the most part, however there are a couple of things…..
- I’m afraid that the first one is private, and I’m not going to share it with you all. Perhaps next year.
- Communicate better what is going on here in Nakuru, Kenya. I realize that so much happens, and I just don’t relay it to you. Well I’m going to do better this year, or at least I’m going to attempt to do better.
- Tell more stories. I want to get more of our stories out there. In written form, video, and even audio. Trust me, we have some good stories. You will cry, laugh, celebrate, and run for cover.
- I will finish downloading Alice Cooper’s Along Came a Spider. Andrew (my 11 year old son) and I are really enjoying it. (digging it, rocking out to it, grooving to it, spinning it, or whatever the new hip terms are now.)
Now for the
ministry project church, just what am I supposed to call what we do? I think I will stick with family. So now for some family resolutions:
- Finish filling the beds in Christopher’s House (our boy’s home.)
- Look for suitable land for our family. We want to do some farming, and build houses to our needs.
- Find some folks who are willing to help us pay for that land, and all the other stuff we do.
- Spread the Gospel of the Kingdom to more and more folks here in Kenya, and abroad. We do this by feeding, clothing, caring for, visiting prisoners, and otherwise loving the oppressed, unlovable, and neglected people of this world.
I pray and hope that 2010 will be a good year for us, for those we are sent to, and for you.